A&A Building Material Company was first started in 1921 as Alhambra Building Material Company in the City of Alhambra. In 1946, a new additional location was opened in Arcadia under the name Arcadia Building Material Company. In 1954, the 2 companies were merged into one corporation and became A&A Building Material Company. A&A continued to operate out of both locations until the mid-1950s when the Alhambra facility was sold. Since that time, A&A has continued its business operation out of the facility in Arcadia.
Since its inception, A&A has been in the business of providing building material products to contractors, homeowners, and other members of the public. A&A has been for many years an active member of the California Building Material Dealers Association and subscribes to its Code of Ethics.